MIST COLLECTORS SYSTEMS
OIL-BASED MIST COLLECTOR SYSTEMS ARE INCREDIBLE COST-SAVERS
People working in manufacturing units and machine tools industries know the criticality of mist collectors. These useful and effective devices bring incredible improvement in the work environment and make it purer, healthier, and better. There are various mist collectors systems available in the market, but oil-based systems are quite popular for greater efficiency and phenomenal cost saving. They are easy to install and need hardly any maintenance. According to experts, it is a wise decision to install oil-based systems for excellent business benefits. Here are the top five heads you can reduce financial allocation in the next year’s OPEX budget:
- Housekeeping expenses: Airborne oil mist is a perpetual nuisance in a mechanical workshop. Tiny oil particles spread in the environment and get settled on the floor, machinery and workers. The surroundings become unhealthy, unhygienic, and unsafe. Oil particles damage sensitive electronic equipment and make the floor slippery. Companies need to spend extravagantly on housekeeping. Companies save greatly on housekeeping cost by installing mist collectors,.
- Installation and maintenance overheads: Installation and maintenance of these systems do not need experts due to simplicity. Anyone from the maintenance team can install without any trouble. The unit can be coupled to the mechanical controls of the main equipment or can be installed as an independent unit.
- Energy budget: Since these filters use electrostatic technology for collecting mist, the energy consumption is quite less. In the conventional filter media technology, clogging of filter causes impedance in the airflow. As a result, the fan has to run with higher speed, and the electrical consumption is proportionately high. In the oil-based systems, energy consumption can be effectively controlled by controlling the speed. Also, the unit can be connected to the central controlling system, so that filter unit also gets automatically when the main equipment gets off.
- Replacement cost: Electrostatic mist collecting systems reduce the cost of changing filters because they don’t exist in the system. There are pre-filters, but they are washable and reusable. Hence, there is a great drop in material replacement costs for liners, pads, and filters.
- Recurring expenditure on supplies: Since it is possible to recycle the coolant, there is a great drop in the operating cost. Also, material and supplies are cheaper as compared to other mist collector systems. Hence, oil-based systems are ideal for all mechanical engineering establishments irrespective of the size and magnitude of production.
Oil-based mist collectors help in achieving the bottom line for a manufacturing setup.